A podcast by iOS developers for iOS developers, delivering news, tips, and rants for professional iOS/Mac developers, with something for enterprise and indie developers alike.
Hosted by Darryl Thomas and John Sextro.
John and Darryl recap and grade their WWDC wish-lists and discuss changes to the Human Interface Guidelines for iOS.
Darryl and Nolan are joined by Amro Mousa and Matt Massicotte to discuss the WWDC 2016 Keynote and Developer State of the Union. Also, Whisky.
Tim takes the stage
watchOS (Kevin Lynch)
tvOS (Eddy Cue)
OS X (now macOS) (Craig)
Swift on iPad
iCloud available to all signed apps on macOS Sierra, not just App Store
* [Winding Down the Swift 3 release - Chris Lattner](http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.swift.evolution/17276)
* New “blue sky” proposals will be considered for post-3.0 development (~August)
* Generics features (among other dependencies) are preventing the previously-planned ABI stability
* ABI stability will come in a later release and is considered of “highest priority”
Robust API design
* Need additional constraints
APNS (Apple Push Notification Service)
Flow theory postulates three conditions that have to be met to achieve a flow state:
Bandwidth for July 2016 is sponsored by CacheFly: The fastest, most reliable CDN in the business.
5by5 makes podcasts for geeks, designers, developers, gamers, entrepreneurs, and people like you, with shows hosted by people including Dan Benjamin, Merlin Mann, Horace Dediu, and Jeffrey Zeldman. Read more…
Copyright © 2009–2016 by Dan Benjamin and 5by5 Productions LLC in Austin, Texas