October 18, 2018 at 8:00AM • 36 minutes
Brittany chats with Peter Cooper, founder of Cooperpress. Cooperpress publishes weekly email newsletters to an audience of over 415,000 developers and software engineers, including Ruby Weekly.
Hosted by Brittany Martin.
October 17, 2018 at 10:00PM • 52 minutes
Micromobility has an addressable market of more than $1.4 trillion dollars annually just in the US, a figure that makes it more valuable than longer distance transport addressable by cars.
That's the message in this episode where we run through the talk 'When Micromobility Attacks' that Horace gave at the recent Micromobility Summit in Copenhagen.
We look at:
- how US trip data typically exhibits log-normal disibutions (and an explanation of what this means!)
- how many of the 2 trillion vehicle trips taken in the US annually would potentially be served by micromobility (min 20)
- how Marchetti's constant (one hour of travel a day) relates to micromobility's benefits (min 23)
- how adoption of micromobility would impact car demand, and why this is relevant to automakers (min 26)
- why these high volume, short trips are actually more valuable than average car trips on a dollar basis. (min 30)
- how time spent travelling will actually drive adoption of micromobility in highly congested cities. (min 34)
- Why 3 times more time is spent on short trips than longer trips in vehicles, and the implications for micromobility (min 36)
- The impacts this explosion in micromobility might have on carbon emissions and how we can measure that (min 42)
Be sure to check out the slides here (https://www.slideshare.net/asymco/when-micromobility-attacks) and the transcript on our Medium page.
Hosted by Oliver Bruce & Horace Dediu.
October 16, 2018 at 8:00PM • 27 minutes
Episode 2 - Electric Boogaloo
This week we talk about the DCEU, rumors about Todd McFarlane's Spawn, Amblin's Micro, and of course... The Brady Bunch.
Guest Interview: Rita Walsh - producer of "I Used To Be Normal: A Boyband Fangirl Story"
Co-host: Mason Scheer
Hosted by Keith Ruckus.
October 16, 2018 at 11:00AM • 1 hour 21 minutes
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about the FitBit Charge 3 and where it fits into their worlds—as well its place in the larger tracker and smart watch ecosystems.
Excursions also include: BroBot, weather stations, weather apps, some TV and movie talk, some space talk, plus children's failures to understand how time basically works.
Hosted by Merlin Mann & Dan Benjamin.
October 15, 2018 at 1:00AM • 2 hours 5 minutes
Jeff and Anthony Taormina from Gamerant.com welcome Daanish Syed from NetherRealm Studios to the show this week to discuss CitizenCon, Fallout 76, Microsoft's streaming service, and more!
The Playlist: Mega Man 11, Forza Horizon 4, Jurassic World Evolution, Call of Duty: BlackOps 4, Assassin's Creed Odyssey
VR Talk: Werewolves Within, Astro Bot Rescue Mission
Tabletop Time: Selling a boardgame, The Mind, Dropmix
Hosted by Christian Spicer & Jeff Cannata.
October 15, 2018 at 12:00AM • 59 minutes
In the first of a series of special episodes of The Critical Path, Horace aims his lens at a seminal innovation from the past, compares and contrasts adoption patterns of yesterday and today, and delineates the reasons why pigeons were not ideal.
Hosted by Horace Dediu, Anders Brownworth, and Judd Rubin.
October 14, 2018 at 3:00PM • 1 hour 28 minutes
John and Dan try and figure out politics.
Hosted by John Roderick & Dan Benjamin.
October 11, 2018 at 6:00PM • 1 hour 18 minutes
Hoy en Puromac Fede y Flavio hablan sobre sus cambios con el nuevo Apple Watch 4 y combinaciones de gustos, iOS 12.0.1, Google y el nuevo e increible A12, concejos para WatchOS y respuestas a preguntas de Twitter
Hosted by Federico Hatoum & Flavio Guinsburg.
October 11, 2018 at 12:00PM • 57 minutes
This week on Supercharged, Tommy and Adam discuss giving things up, letting go, quitting bad habits, and things like that! If you've struggled to let go of something, this one's for you.
Hosted by Adam Dachis & Darren Herczeg.