November 2, 2018 at 5:00PM • 1 hour 16 minutes
Haddie and Dan talk about the brief water crisis in Austin, Halloween, voting, and give their weekly recommendations!
Hosted by Haddie Cooke & Dan Benjamin.
November 2, 2018 at 4:00PM • 1 hour 10 minutes
John and Dan talk about responsibilities, such as voting.
Hosted by John Roderick & Dan Benjamin.
November 1, 2018 at 6:00PM • 1 hour 4 minutes
Horace reflects on pricing, minivans, the pecking order of the new products and more from the pre-Halloween Apple event in Brooklyn, NY.
Hosted by Horace Dediu, Anders Brownworth, and Judd Rubin.
November 1, 2018 at 6:00PM • 1 hour 43 minutes
Hoy en Puromac Fede y Flavio hablan de las nuevas iPad Pro, Nuevo Mac Mini y Nueva MacBook Air. Tambien hay trucos y respuestas a preguntas de oyentes.
Hosted by Federico Hatoum & Flavio Guinsburg.
October 31, 2018 at 2:00PM • 48 minutes
In today’s show, we examine the role of platforms in micromobilities rise, and what role they might play in furthering adoption.
Specifically, we cover:
- What an entry into the micromobility space might look like for Apple, and how their experience in interface stepchanges puts them at a unique advantage.
- How autonomous cars are analogous to wormholes vs. a more tactile engaging experience of the world with micromobility.
- What a platform built on a micromobiltiy fleet might look like, and what it might enable, and what names we might give to these experiences in the same way that cars have crusing, drivethrus and cinemas.
- The stage of the market, and the parallels to the Playstation vs Xbox and Android vs iOS arguments.
- How the network effects of micromobility sharing platforms are inverse to the traditional car infrastructure.
- Horace introduces his new research paper looking at modal shifts with the introduction of e-mobility in a cities transport mix.
As always, transcript of this show is available on our Medium page.
Hosted by Oliver Bruce & Horace Dediu.
October 30, 2018 at 8:00PM • 33 minutes
This week we dive into Rambo 5, Call of Duty, Avatar, Deadpool and Frank Grillo yanking our chains. Plus we talk about trick or treating at the ripe old age of 13.
Special guest interview with C. Robert Cargill - writer of Doctor Strange!
Co-Host: Mason Scheer
Hosted by Keith Ruckus.
October 30, 2018 at 2:45PM • 1 hour 23 minutes
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about Apple's Fall event in Brooklyn today. They liked the event.
Hosted by Merlin Mann & Dan Benjamin.
October 30, 2018 at 11:00AM • 37 minutes
They said it would never happen – that we were through, done for, washed up. Turns out, all it took was a new Mac Mini, Macbook Air, and an iPad Pro for us to dust off the mics and smash that record button. Is it a one off? Will there be more? Time will tell...
Hosted by Bill Wadman & Jeffery Saddoris.
October 29, 2018 at 8:00PM • 52 minutes
Web design pioneer, Clearleft chief executive, and UX thought leader Andy Budd chats with Big Web Show host Jeffrey Zeldman about the failings and triumphs of our design community over the past 20 years, why the success of design thinking killed the market for design studios, and how to reinvent your studio or agency for today’s market.
Hosted by Jeffrey Zeldman.
October 29, 2018 at 8:00PM • 33 minutes
This week Joe and Cody discuss their new MacBook Pro's, macOS Mojave, AirPods, iPhone XR reviews, USB-C iPad Pro's, and much more.
Hosted by Cody Coats & Joe Caiati.