November 12, 2015 at 9:30PM • 1 hour 44 minutes
En este episodio Fede y Flavio hablan más sobre las leyes de Net Neutrality en europa, visitas a NY y Miami de Pablo, Carlos y Ariel, más sobre el Apple TV 4, primeras impresiones del iPad Pro, reseña de AnandTech sobre el iPhone 6s y 6s Plus, el nuevo teclado de iOS 9, posible nuevo sistema de pago de Apple, competencia entre servicios para iOS, otro malware encontrado en la tienda de Apple, un grupo logra jailbreakear iOS 9, En Tu Mac, En tu Apple Watch, Programas recomendados, y Productos Recomendados.
Hosted by Federico Hatoum & Flavio Guinsburg.
November 11, 2015 at 6:15PM • 1 hour 26 minutes
This week on Supercharged we’re talking about another T-Mobile event, the American placebo effect, and whether or not it’s possible to override cultural standards.
Hosted by Adam Dachis & Darren Herczeg.
November 11, 2015 at 10:00AM • 1 hour 3 minutes
Nolan and Darryl discuss background operations on iOS, including some of the less-obvious pitfalls you can avoid.
Discussion: Background work
- Getting the User’s Attention
- Background Data Callbacks
- Location Updates
- Newsstand Downloads
- Accessory callbacks
- Elevated Multitasking Background Work
- Audio / Airplay
- This is what Facebook has been scrutinized for
- Background Processing Work
- [UIApplication backgroundTimeRemaining] - (10 seconds with no background tasks/fetches running)
- Background work is often paired with greatly diminished CPU priority and can often end up with as little as 4% of the CPU
- Background Tasks
- [UIApplication endBackgroundTask:]
- [UIApplication backgroundTimeRemaining] - (600 secs pre-iOS 7, otherwise 180 secs)
- Background Fetch
- Project checkbox “Background Fetch” to enable
- Specify [UIApplication setMinimumBackgroundFetchInterval:]
- Minimum == as frequently as the OS will permit
- Never == disable BG fetch callbacks
- [UIApplication backgroundTimeRemaining] - (~45 secs)
- Push Fetch
- Effectively the same behavior as background fetch
- Background URL Sessions
- Download to file or Upload from file
- Performed out of process
- Calls back either on completion or when authentication is needed
- Remember to clean up when going into the background
- No OpenGL
- Suspend timers
- Expect Network Failures
- Clean up Bonjour and other shared resources (Address Book, Calendar, etc)
- Clear sensitive info from screen
- Clean up alerts (if needed)
- Stop updating UI
- Save the app state
- Clear unneeded resources
- Clean up Audio Sessions (Facebook Bug)
- Opt out
- Set UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend to YES
Hosted by Darryl Thomas & John Sextro.
November 11, 2015 at 9:30AM • 1 hour 28 minutes
Dan talks about the challenges facing Millennials, the importance of follow through, horrible offices, being self-aware in your daily life and at the workplace, and listener emails.
Hosted by Dan Benjamin.
November 10, 2015 at 9:45PM • 1 hour 21 minutes
En este episodio Fede habla sobre la importancia de las baterías, sus diferentes componentes, las diferencias entre diferentes tipos de pilas, describe las 5 tipos de baterías mas usadas, las nuevas tecnologías que vienen y como mantener las baterías de litio para que duren lo mas posible.
Hosted by Federico Hatoum.
November 10, 2015 at 8:00PM • 34 minutes
Dan talks about the importance of independent content, configuring Skype for optimum results, noise gating and compression for noisy rooms and environments, recording panels and live performances, and more.
Hosted by Dan Benjamin.
November 10, 2015 at 2:30PM • 1 hour 41 minutes
On the eve of the finale of "Project Runway," Andy and special guest Merlin Mann talk about Season 14. Along the way, they talk about creativity, working under pressure, and the differences between how one processes failure in their Twenties and failure in their Forties.
Hosted by Andy Ihnatko & Dan Benjamin.
November 10, 2015 at 2:00PM • 1 hour 54 minutes
TOPIC: Medieval or Renaissance?
This week, Dan and Merlin start out by helping listeners learn to identify the subtle differences between all things Renaissance and Medieval.
The remainder of the show is split between an in-depth introduction to the Plex media ecosystem, and a philosophical and practical meditation on choosing how to spend a given day.
Hosted by Merlin Mann & Dan Benjamin.
November 10, 2015 at 11:00AM • 1 hour 14 minutes
This week, the dangers of letting yourself become defined by what you produce or how much (or how little) it is worth. Also, you can’t make iconic work, but you might be able to make it good. The problem is, is good good enough? Plus, Instagram as a platform for buying and selling art. Ben Thomas is our Photographer of the Week.
Hosted by Bill Wadman & Jeffery Saddoris.
November 10, 2015 at 3:45AM • 1 hour 28 minutes
This awkward week we're talking about cultural shouting, a sexless threesome, and cuddle-appropriate breakfast foods. Want to ask a question on the show? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 323-456-3345 to leave us a voicemail.
Hosted by Adam Dachis, Darren Herczeg, Erica Elson, and Richard Cardenas.