February 26, 2015 at 8:00PM • 1 hour 49 minutes
En este episodio, Fede y Flavio hablan del evento anunciado hoy “Spring Forward” que será el 9 de marzo, Apple expande en Israel, problema con el software que se instala en las PCs, anuncios y programas de televisión filmados con iPad y iPhone, nuevo reloj Pebble, nuevas reglas para el Genius Bar, programa de arreglo para varios modelos de Macbook Pro, Apple contratando diseñadores de autos, Final Cut Pro X en Hollywood, YouTube para niños, mas sobre el Apple Watch, aún más espacio en OneDrive, se viene el Samsung Galaxy S6, En Tu Mac.
Hosted by Federico Hatoum & Flavio Guinsburg.
February 26, 2015 at 7:00PM • 51 minutes
Generalization vs Specialization
- Back to Work #209: Habitual Ritual
- What causes some folks to collect hobbies/interests while others focus on and master one thing?
- Opinion: Is It Better to Specialize or Generalize? - Nora Dunn (no, not the SNL Nora Dunn)
- What type are we?
- Restless. I like to learn a little bit about a lot of stuff.
- I wish that I could learn a lot about a large number of things, but I don’t have the time nor the mental capacity.
- I believe in the axiom that “Someone always knows more ‘Karate’” and that frustrates my efforts to go deep in any one area.
- Cop-out. Somewhere in the middle.
- Generalist. I have always collected hobbies and dabbled in things superficially. This has transferred over to my professional life with two major (but complementary) career changes.
- How does this serve us with regard to iOS development?
- How has this hindered us?
Open-Source Project of the Week
- DDAntennaLogger - Giovanni Lodi
Giovanni asked what we thought of his simple remote logger. I was unfamiliar with both CocoaLumberjack and Antenna, so I’m passing the question along to our listeners. What do you folks think? Open up some issues/pull requests for Giovanni.
- Slender from MartianCraft is one of those rare tools that fits neatly between development and design. Slender will scan your Xcode or Web projects and provide information on how image assets are being used. Exposing retina issues, unused assets, wasted space, and designer mistakes.
Alternative show title suggestions
- Not a hater
- Collecting hobbies
- OCD Thing
- Systems on a hole
- In Love with what they do
- The way the winds are blowing
- I really, really like bowling...a lot
- Baby Carrots
- Dark and Brooding
- Competent and Confident
- Grammar show
- Going to the model moon
- Question mark?
Hosted by Darryl Thomas, John Sextro, and Nolan O'Brien.
February 26, 2015 at 4:45PM • 1 hour 7 minutes
Horace discusses his latest work at the Christensen Institute and considers why the educational system works the way it does. Can large scale education be modularized? In the second half of the show, Anders and Horace discuss the rumors about the possibility that Apple might be working on a car.
Hosted by Anders Brownworth & Horace Dediu.
February 26, 2015 at 4:00PM • 45 minutes
In episode 150, Iain and Donna talk about measurements of success, how to approach the sheer endurance challenge of writing a book, where to go to fight the grammar gremlins, and the fascinating art of the chapter.
Hosted by Donna Sørensen & Iain Broome.
February 26, 2015 at 3:45PM • 1 hour 26 minutes
This week on Supercharged we’re talking about more fun malware, Pebble’s new smartwatch, and productivity hacks and myths. We’re also answering your questions about what the most productive people do and Simple’s banking problems.
Guests: Jeff Steinke (of BlueFletch, @jeff_steinke), Alan Henry (of Lifehacker, @halophoenix), and Darren Herczeg (@DarrenCorp on Instagram).
Hosted by Adam Dachis & Darren Herczeg.
February 26, 2015 at 11:00AM
I rant about the Magic text message concierge startup, Buzzfeed's 'Cute or Not' app, YouTube operating at no profit, RadioShack selling its name, the physical "browser cookie", and shipping snow across the country.
Hosted by Jordan Cooper.
February 26, 2015 at 8:00AM • 44 minutes
An interview with RyanTheMagic also known as RyanMartinMagic. Share and enjoy:)
Hosted by Mike Beasterfeld.
February 25, 2015 at 3:15PM • 1 hour 21 minutes
Dan Benjamin is joined by in-studio guest Griffin McElroy of Polygon.com and Haddie Cooke to talk about the decline of TV, virtual reality vs. augmented reality, the stagnation of smartphones, Moto E, gaming, and more.
Hosted by Dan Benjamin.
February 25, 2015 at 3:00PM • 1 hour 5 minutes
Jim, Shawn and Dave talk about Steve Jobs, Apple Watch pricing and Roadie Tuner!
Hosted by Jim Dalrymple & Dan Benjamin.
February 25, 2015 at 11:00AM
I rant about Pebble Time on Kickstarter, Waffle House as a delivery exchange location, LinkedIn's paltry settlement for leaking passwords, cancer diagnosis apps, and would you let total strangers do their work at your home?
Hosted by Jordan Cooper.