October 22, 2015 at 3:00PM • 49 minutes
Jim and Dan talk about the latest Apple news.
Hosted by Jim Dalrymple & Dan Benjamin.
October 22, 2015 at 2:00PM
I rant about YouTube Red subscription service, Twitter's apology to developers, Airbnb's poor ad campaign in San Francisco, and ordering hotel room service with emoji.
Hosted by Jordan Cooper.
October 21, 2015 at 12:45PM
I rant about the new Apple TV releasing next week, Yahoo's failure with original programming, a Google employee living in a truck, and a pooping pastry.
Hosted by Jordan Cooper.
October 21, 2015 at 10:00AM • 1 hour 15 minutes
John, Nolan and Darryl discuss Xcode 7’s new support for UI tests.
Discussion: App Testing with Xcode 7
- Are you (hosts) testing your apps?
- John’s philosophy on testing
- Why should I test?
- When should I test?
- Automated vs. Manual
- Problems with the old, Instruments-based UI testing solution
- Alternatives prior to Xcode 7
- Apple’s new UI testing in Xcode
* Requires iOS 9/Mac OS X 10.11
- Test Recording
- Leverages “Accessibility”
- UI Testing Targets
- API components
- Assertions, XCTAssert
- Elements, XCUIElement
- Proxy for UI things, exposes object type and accessibility label
- Queries, XCUIElementQuery
- Tree navigation, similar to XPath
- Relationships and Filtering
- “app.tables” is actually a convenience method for app.descendantsMatchingType(‘table’)
- Application, XCUIApplication
- Proxy for the application under test, separate and new process
- Dealing with Gotchas
- Simulating events
- No long press, roll your own with pressForDuration
- No 3d touch press (AFAIK)
- Wait for…
- using waitForExpectationsWithTimeout
- without an explicit wait, a total of 3 attempts will be made to resolve a query before failing
- Race conditions
- Item not visible to accessibility
- Note: “isAccessibilityElement” does NOT need to be true in order to be “visible to accessibility”
Alternative Show Title Suggestions
- Get the hell out of non-profits
- Jump on the band wagon
- I Love Star Wars
Hosted by Darryl Thomas & John Sextro.
October 21, 2015 at 9:00AM • 36 minutes
Dan interviews Paul Haddad, co-founder of Tapbots and co-creator of the popular Tweetbot iOS app. They talk about the Twitter and Apple ecosystems, independent app development, and more.
Hosted by Dan Benjamin.
October 20, 2015 at 1:15PM • 1 hour 35 minutes
TOPIC: It's Business All the Way Down.
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about joys and frustrations of contemporary consumer technologies. So great yet so frustrating. So powerful yet so hobbled. It's weird how, as great as the newest tech ever gets, we so quickly find we're bumping right up against business, business, business.
Then, there's some more discussion of updates in iOS 9 and what we can now do with iPhone 6s, highlighting the astonishing power of trackpad mode.
Finally, some updates on Dan's cord-cutting and how one may choose how and what we're each willing to pay for—and how it's just no fun to amortize other people's garbage with your own time.
Hosted by Merlin Mann & Dan Benjamin.
October 20, 2015 at 11:30AM • 1 hour 34 minutes
This week, we start with a terrific discussion around self-promotion. How do you decide how to best represent yourself and to whom? Is there a difference between the “personal” you and your public brand? Should there be? Also, some final thoughts on the discussions around Magic Lessons. In two weeks, we’re talking about truth and ethics in photojournalism, so check the show notes for the link. Tabitha Soren is our Photographer of the Week.
Hosted by Bill Wadman & Jeffery Saddoris.
October 20, 2015 at 11:15AM • 1 hour 22 minutes
This awkward week we're talking about pool boners, travel woes, and pissing in a vagina. Want to ask a question on the show? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 323-456-3345 to leave us a voicemail.
Hosted by Adam Dachis, Darren Herczeg, Erica Elson, and Richard Cardenas.
October 19, 2015 at 8:00PM • 1 hour 49 minutes
Our guest this week is Eran Hammer -- we discuss updates to Hapi.js, Node.js, OAuth, and deep discussions about Oz – Eran's replacement for OAuth 2.0.
Hosted by Adam Stacoviak & Jerod Santo.
October 19, 2015 at 8:00PM • 1 hour 30 minutes
Fede habla con periodista y viajero profesional César Sar sobre la tecnología de viaje y nos da consejos de como viajar cómodo y seguro.
Hosted by Federico Hatoum.