June 29, 2016 at 9:30AM • 59 minutes
John and Darryl recap and grade their WWDC wish-lists and discuss changes to the Human Interface Guidelines for iOS.
WWDC Wishlist Scorecard
- Get serious about home automation, maybe make Apple TV an automation hub (Half Credit)
- Siri as a Service (3rd party integration) (Yes)
- Refactoring for Swift (in Xcode) (No)
- Announce date to sunset Obj-C (No)
- Xcode for iPad Pro (Half Credit)
- More voice command vocabulary. Something like AppleScript (Half Credit)
- Make Buttons Great Again (Quarter Credit)
- Better accessibility hierarchy visualization tools built into Xcode (Three Quarters Credit)
- Additional accessibility tools for checking things like color contrast. (TBD)
- Improved dynamic font API (Yes, but not what I’d hoped for)
- Upgrade pricing/trials (No: but we got clarification on subscriptions on The Talk Show)
- Faster watch app loading. A way of deferring the most expensive parts? (Yes!)
- Simulators and Xcode bots for Linux? (Lol)
- Available on “Search” and above “Quick Action List” when you 3D touch an icon on Home screen
- Panning/Scrolling not supported
- Avoid backgrounds / no background images
- Allow jump to app, but no “Open App” button. Allow interaction via content
- Can now integrate with Message by providing a messaging extension
- Content with Focus and Value
- Constrained space
- Simple/Intuitive interface
- Integration with Siri
- Impersonate Siri
- Minimize visual/touch interactions
- Respond quickly
- Take people directly to content
- Improve accuracy via custom vocabulary
- Provide example requests
- Expanded Notifications
- Detail view
- Actions that make sense
- There be dragons, destructive actions
Alternative show title suggestions
- Stuck in my craw
- Return of bezels
- I hate you
- I’m not a fun person
Hosted by Darryl Thomas & John Sextro.
June 28, 2016 at 5:30PM • 1 hour 30 minutes
TOPIC: People, amirite?
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about the complexities of communicating with each other. And, brother, is it ever complicated.
Hosted by Merlin Mann & Dan Benjamin.
June 28, 2016 at 1:15PM • 1 hour 30 minutes
This week, a discussion around limited editions and perceived value. Does a false sense of scarcity make people want work more? And how does scarcity affect value if the demand isn’t there to begin with? Also, we talk about the notion of creative rivalry using the Pet Sounds and Rubber Soul as a jumping off point. Plus, some gear thoughts around Hasselblad’s new X1D medium format mirrorless camera. Bill Cunningham is our Photographer of the Week.
Hosted by Bill Wadman & Jeffery Saddoris.
June 28, 2016 at 12:45AM • 1 hour 8 minutes
Fede explica lo que es y lo que no es HTML5, describe sus componentes, el rol de navegadores y finalmente describe librerías útiles para crear sitios web HTML5.
Hosted by Federico Hatoum.
June 27, 2016 at 4:30PM
I rant about Brexit, Apple discontinuing the Thunderbolt Display, and the rumored removal of iPhone's audio jack.
Hosted by Jordan Cooper.
June 27, 2016 at 11:00AM • 2 hours 1 minute
Jeff and Christian welcome Ben Kuchera from Polygon.com to the show to talk about Oculus' removal of exclusivity checks, the Mighty No 9 launch debacle, and a lawsuit over wagering in CS: GO.
00:47:25 - The Playlist: Ben and Christian are hooked on Overwatch, and Jeff ruminates on the new ranked changes in Heroes of the Storm
01:07:34 - VR Talk: The debut of the bumpers sent in by YOU for this new segment! Plus, discussion of the Oculus and Vive, Keep Talking and No One Explodes, and more!
01:37:46 - Tabletop Time: Christian discusses his D&D campain with the gang from Jast
01:46:40 - Parting Gift
01:51:43 - Bonus Content - Jeff talks with a designer from CD Projekt Red about the upcoming Gwent Standalone game.
Hosted by Christian Spicer & Jeff Cannata.
June 27, 2016 at 8:00AM • 43 minutes
Dave is joined by Patrick Rhone, who brought Jason Rehmus along as a surprise guest. The trio discuss all manner of working from home.
Hosted by Dave Caolo.
June 26, 2016 at 5:00PM • 1 hour 13 minutes
Horace and Anders discuss Tesla's proposed takeover of SolarCity.
Hosted by Anders Brownworth & Horace Dediu.
June 24, 2016 at 7:00PM • 1 hour 29 minutes
Dan and Haddie talk about BREXIT, millennials, baby boomers, gen X, and the rise of the side hustle.
Hosted by Dan Benjamin.
June 24, 2016 at 1:45PM • 1 hour 31 minutes
John Roderick of Seattle sits down with Austinite Dan Benjamin to discuss the purchase of a police car, frisbee golf, the malaise years of the Carter Administration, Fox body Mustangs, visiting smelters at night, looking like a cop, the aquisition of an Apocalypse Vehicle, surprise nuclear attacks, EMPs, shortwave radios, Japanese holdouts, the artwork of WWI vets, complete ephemera, a quarter inch of gypsum, moustache quality, and albinism.
Hosted by John Roderick & Dan Benjamin.